a celebration of the NCAA tourney and the best 4 days of the year

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Week 2, Night 1!!!

And we're back again. This weekend promises to have some great games, as all of the top seeds prevailed, making for some fantastic match-ups. Unfortunately, we will not be covering the action to you from our living room. James will be, and I will be providing updates from the home state of hoops, Indiana. Speaking of which, I'll also be blogging about my experience at the Notre Dame- Kentucky game I went to last night. For now though, since the action has already begun, here are tonight's picks-

  • UCONN over Purdue- Suck it Boilermakers. Actually, I hate both teams. One's just clearly better, and that's Calhoun's Huskies. How awesome is it going to be when the NCAA brings down recruiting sanctions against them and they are forced to suck for years? The answer, awesome. 
  • Pitt over Xavier- Pitt could easily be the first 1# seed to get knocked out if they don't figure out how to handle a press. I think that last weekend was a wake up call though, and they remember the basics of basketball and pull out a tough one. I'm really looking forward to some big Sam Young dunks here.
  • Villanova over Duke. I'm torn on this one. Seriously, I'll probably change it a couple times. I'm expecting a great game regardless.
  • MIZZOU over Memphis. I've been waiting for Memphis to lose. Tonight's the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment