a celebration of the NCAA tourney and the best 4 days of the year

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Friday, March 27, 2009

He's back!

I had a student/faculty dinner last night, which I bailed from early to catch the games. We went to a bar around the corner with the clever name "Drinker's," where they serve 40s. Yes, 40s. It was a mix of Jersey guys (see above) with frosted tips and a bunch of guys in white suits with neck tattoos, who I'm guessing were celebrating their friend getting out of jail. One of the guys had a Phillies "P" on his adam's apple, which means he either never wants to get a job or he's okay with wearing turtlenecks to interviews. They turned out to be pretty nice guys for the most part, but I was still happy to have 6'8" Stacy in our crew.

Anyway, huge win by Pitt, and I'm still amazed that Fields can hit such big shots on a regular basis. Once again, Sam comes up big and single-handedly keeps Pitt in the game, they make a big second-half run, and crank up the D when they had to.

I'll be watching from home tonight, so I'll do a better job of contributing to the blog. As I type, Deebledouche and Rautins are a combined 1-13 and they're down 10. If they don't heat up in the 2nd half, this could be a blowout.

No comments:

Post a Comment