a celebration of the NCAA tourney and the best 4 days of the year

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Saturday, March 28, 2009

And then there were 8

Pretty disappointing games today--other than the KU/MSU game (which was decided by a free throw contest), the games were blowouts: a 21- and 39-pt game, as well as the 13-pt Oklahoma win that seemed like 20+. Still, some great matchups over the next two days. I'd love to see a Louisville/UConn Final Four matchup--they're playing the best of anyone in the tourney right now.

Tough to see Kansas get knocked out of the tourney, but they've overachieved all season and return everyone next year. While watching the game, I lost an online scrabble match in similar fashion--jumped out to big early lead, fought off a furious comeback, only to fade late and lose on a last-round move. Devastating. I know how you feel, guys.

A few notes:
  • What's the deal with Gillispie running away from tv cameras? That was weird. Pretty sweet offices though.
  • Dick Vitale and Digger Phelps won't stop yelling at each other right now.
  • I went to a job fair today, except no one was hiring. Doesn't that make it more of a "walk around and awkwardly talk with people" fair?

Here's what it looks like when you jump so high you have to worry about hitting your head on the backboard. Luckily, that's one thing I can cross off my list of "things I'll never have to worry about ever in my entire life"

No comments:

Post a Comment