a celebration of the NCAA tourney and the best 4 days of the year

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sweet Sweet NIT Action

Well, it's March, it's basketball, and it's madness. So who cares if its the NIT? I mean sure, it's not the big dance, but it still features what makes college basketball so awesome- young kids playing their hearts out, not wanting their season to end.  And I love it. Last night I stayed up late watching the St. Mary's- Davidson game. This game featured 2 of the best players in the country, Patty Mills and last years tournament favorite- Stephen Curry. It's really a shame neither of these two players are in the tournament. 
This evening I watched the thrilling end to the Auburn- Baylor game. Luckily, my boys from Waco pulled it out at the end. Now I'm watching Florida- Penn St.   
Why? Because I love college basketball? Kind of. Also, because I'm at home in Indiana for 10 days to take care of my parents. Luckily, because of this situation, I get to go to the Notre Dame- Kentucky NIT quarterfinal game tomorrow. Expect a full report, and a picture of me and Luke Harangody. God, that would be awesome.....

To close, I don't know if I've ever felt cooler. I'm blogging in my parents basement, about the NIT, watching the NIT, and going to an NIT game tomorrow. Oh yeah, and I'm drinking a beer from Mishawaka Brewing Co. 
March Madness.....

No comments:

Post a Comment